W O R K I N G I N P A I R S
- My mouse died and I can’t find the batteries we’ve had in the drawer in the laundry room … literally…. since the beginning of time.
- Our wifi isn’t working and I’ve done all the things I know to fix it.
- Since I downloaded the update on my computer and phone, there have been a gazillion tiny glitches.
- There’s no food in the house since we’ve been traveling so much and I’m on the verge of ‘hangry’.
- I have a workshop tomorrow night which hasn’t filled up.
- AND, I can sense the enemy of my soul is laughing hysterically while he watches me struggle.
He’s throwing out all the roadblocks to keep me from getting my mindset straight to write this blog. SOOOOO, I’m just gonna write anyway, IN my current state of mind, WITH all my frustrations and hangriness. My God has something to say and nothing is strong enough to keep His message from getting to the hearts of those HE extravagantly loves.
Here’s what I feel like I’m supposed to write and because it tells the truth about lies, I am meeting much resistance.
The enemy of our soul is the father of lies. He uses lies to point us away from God. He makes us feel like God’s amazing Grace is just beyond reach.
1 Peter 5:8, CEV version says: Be
on your guard and stay awake. Your enemy, the devil, is like a roaring lion, sneaking around to find someone to attack.
If he can attack us and get us to believe we have to do everything on our own, then he has us in a corner and all alone. As driven professionals, isn’t this one of the worst lies he tells us?
- You’re alone and you have to do this all by yourself.
- No one will do it like you want it.
- You’re the only one who can make this situation or business work.
- If it’s going to be done right, you have to do it.
Remember the scripture I used last week in my blog? It was Matthew 11:29-30 (NIV) Jesus speaking……. “Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Taking the yoke with Jesus means we are NOT alone. A yoke is a wooden beam normally used between a pair of oxen or other animals to enable them to pull together on a load when working in pairs.
W O R K I N G I N P A I R S !
We are paired with Jesus when we choose to take HIS yoke. So….. NO SATAN…..we are NOT alone in this. We choose to take the yoke, and Jesus pulls together with us! It’s HIS plan. He wants our success even more than we do.
I also love the part that says His burden is light. Maybe this is subject worthy of its own blog but WHEN IN LIFE IS A BURDEN LIGHT? Jesus!!
As I finish up this blog and evaluate where I am now (many hours later from when I started)….
- The wifi still isn’t fixed but I’m not frustrated. My man is coming home today so will fix it for me (and bonus, I get to see my man!!!!)
- I never found those batteries so I just used the touch pad. I still am bumfuzzled as to where they are. But who cares!
- The updates were meant to make things faster and easier so I’ll cope.
- I ran to Starbucks and grabbed food.
- AND…I’m going to get this blog scheduled regardless of how many roadblocks and if my enemy is still laughing at me, I could care less!!!!!
I’ve written, re-written, cut pieces, pasted parts and basically written this blog at least five times. What is left is a simple story and was birthed through much labor but the main message is…..
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!
NO MATTER WHAT THE ENEMY OF YOUR SOUL TRIES TO TELL YOU.