Aligning Prayers with Scripture
A few weeks ago, I felt led to add scriptures to my prayers.
What I mean is, for a particular prayer, I was led to a scripture which ensured my request lined up with the Word of God.
In my last blog, I referred to my Shameless Audacious Dreams and Prayers. Sometimes, those types of prayers can seem out of line or just plain whacka doodle. But when you find scriptures which line up with what you thought was whacka doodle, all of a sudden, those prayers seem far more God ordained.
Here are my Shameless Audacious Dreams and Prayers for my business…..
- To earn a good living through Podcasts, books and mastermind groups.
- To pay off the church’s mortgage or at least be able to pay enough tithes to cover the monthly payment
- To build The Direction Center – a place not only for my corporate offices but also a place for entrepreneurs to find rest, refreshing and relaxation during their busy day.
Above all else, I want the desires of my heart to be 100% aligned with God’s plans for my life. If they are not, I will gladly throw them to the wayside and move on.
These are great dreams to have and certainly require the hand of God to make them happen. This is what it looks like when I found scriptures to align them with the Word…..
- Deuteronomy 8:18 – “But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today.”
- My prayer to earn a good living through means I have yet to accomplish ,all of a sudden seems attainable because scripture tells me that God has given me the ability to produce wealth.
- Philippians 4:19 – “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”
- Since Ron and I began attending Destiny Church in 2000, the building has been in some phase of construction (finally completed in 2017). Since I worked at Destiny for 4 years as the Finance Manager, I saw first-hand what that looks like financially. My heart is to use the ability God has given me to produce wealth and use it to take some of the financial burden off my pastor. Because as Philippians 4:19 says, God will meet ALL our needs…. and I believe that includes the needs of our church and the needs of those our church serves.
- Proverbs 11:25 – “A generous person will prosper; whoever refreshes others will be refreshed.”
- I have a dream to create The Direction Center, a place of refreshing for entrepreneurs. I have all the details planned out in my imagination. A place where business owners can go and just relax, maybe read a book or listen to a podcast. A place that refreshes them and where perhaps they can refresh others. I want to help people…..help people.
Once I put scriptures with my big whacka doodle dreams and prayers, they seem far more attainable.
Today, I encourage you to:
- Have whacka doodle dreams and prayers
- Align them with scripture so they seem less whacka doodle
- Pray over them consistently and constantly.
My prayer is that you find alignment between you, your dreams and God. I pray you have quiet time daily to hear from the Holy Spirit and those whacka doodle dreams He places in your heart. I pray you hav a list of your dreams so you can bring them before the Lord in your daily prayers. In Jesus Name, Amen.
Very Humbly Yours,
Wacka Doodle Dreamer