Perhaps Trash to Treasure?
How did we get here?
How is the year almost over?
With so much anticipation for 2021 to be better than 2020, I’d like to slow down for a minute. I don’t want to wish away the time God has given us.
Verse 17 below is clear in its instructions about thanksgiving….
“Let the peace of Christ keep you in tune with each other, in step with each other. None of this going off and doing your own thing. And cultivate thankfulness. Let the Word of Christ—the Message—have the run of the house. Give it plenty of room in your lives. Instruct and direct one another using good common sense. And sing, sing your hearts out to God! Let every detail in your lives—words, actions, whatever—be done in the name of the Master, Jesus, thanking God the Father every step of the way.”
Colossians 3:15-17 MSG
Before we throw 2020 in the garbage, let’s take a few minutes to find God’s gifts dropped into our lives during a difficult year.
- I’ve learned to slow down.
- Listening to ‘that still small voice’ is easier and I find the message clear and concise.
- The relationships which were peripheral but took up time fell away, leaving space for meaningful and intentional connections
- I learned that I CAN meet with clients over Zoom and be just as effective.
- We got outside more this summer and started (or resumed) multiple hobbies: metal detecting, fishing, exploring, junking, geocaching…
- I have learned that God has people who need what He has created me to be.
- I’ve learned to pivot and to not hold on to MY plans so tightly.
Did you start or resume a hobby? I want to hear about it because maybe I need to try it too!!!!
Please reply and tell me what gifts 2020 has brought your way.
As a side note, I know 2020 has been incredibly difficult and I am in no way making light of it. The difficulties surrounding this year have creeped into every crevice of our lives. The purpose here is to crawl out of the crevices for a moment in time and acknowledge where God has been God in our lives.
My prayer for you….
Father God, as my friend pushes to the finish line of this year, I pray for them. The expectations of the Christmas season can bring many extra costs. I pray for them to have no unexpected expenses. I pray for the season to be filled with memory making moments. I pray for them to be creative in how they love their families and love You. In Jesus Name, Amen